Well, they will be coming to visit for a few weeks at the end of the month, and we wanted to help them in their efforts to save money. So I made this Disney Chore Bucket.
I have seen a lot of similar ideas to this on pinterest for rainy day activities, ways to draw a name, etc. And well, I had these buckets that I found for 3 for $1 a few months ago that I had been wanting to use.
- Bucket or jar
- Popsicle/Craft Sticks (I used the jumbo size ones)
- Mod Podge
- Acrylic Paint (color of your choice, I used black and red)
- Sponge brush
- Pencil with a new eraser (I thought I would use the pen in the picture, but changed to a pencil eraser)
- Sharpie Pens (not markers, they bleed)
- THIS google document I made of the saying done in Disney font (or you can make your own cuter saying and download the Disney font HERE)
- I also used Distressing Ink and some Disney stickers
While I waited for it to dry, so I could put on a second coat, I did the popsicle sticks.
First, I used red and black paint on 13 sticks. They kids will be here for 2 weeks, and normally will get to pick one chore a day (except on major cleaning days). I won't put them back in until they are all used up.
Take the sponge brush you used for mod podge and the pencil. Dip the end of the handle of the brush into which ever color you are using.
Next, use the eraser end of the pencil to make the ears. Again, I practiced on the extra stick until I got it down.
Obviously they are not all perfect, but I am not into perfection. The imperfections makes it personal.
Then write at the other end, write out chores and amounts. I did not write any chores they should automatically do. No picking up toys, making bed, putting away clean clothes, etc. Only extra stuff they could do that I would not normally have them do.
(Don't forget to add a second coat of mod podge to your bucket)
There you have it. You are finished. It only took me about 20 minutes from start to finish.