- Organization- you can get larger Ziploc bags and pack an outfit for each kid in each one. Then you can label them however you want (name, day, etc). These make it easy to grab an outfit and moms, this makes it so even dad can help dress the kids without asking a million questions. It is also a great way to take back up outfits to the park because you then have a plastic bag to put the dirty or wet clothing items in when you change your kids.
- Snacks- you can fill up sandwich or snack size bags to take with you to the park to help save a little money on food.
- Water Rides- stick your cell phone, camera and more in them if your entire party is going on a water ride and you have nobody to leave them with. Because I am paranoid, I would still stick that Ziploc bag into a backpack or a second Ziploc bag, but that is just me.
- Using Cameras In the Rain- you can use the Ziploc bags to protect your phone or camera in the rain and still be able to use them for pictures.
- Pressed Pennies- I am not saying to take them to put your pennies and quarters in pre-pressing (use mini M&M containers for that). I like to take a Ziploc bag to put my pressed pennies in after I get them. That way they are all in one place until we are ready to put them in a more permanent location.
- Unfinished Meals- so your toddler couldn't finish his muffin from the bakery, or your 10 year old wants to save part of his breakfast for later. Ziploc bags to the rescue- again!
- Emergency Barf Bag- if you are heading on a ride that you worry may make you, or your child, lose your lunch- Ziploc bags are great to have on hand. Not only are they a bag to throw up in but they seal shut to keep the smell and mess off of others. For this I strongly suggest a slightly larger, freezer bag since they are thicker.
- Keeping Things from Leaking- ever had sanitizer that got to warm leak all over your bag? Or maybe sunscreen? I love to keep these items in Ziploc bags if they are going inside our park bag so that they don't accidentally make a huge mess.
- Keeping Hands Clean- eating a Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar? You can put the stick of the bar through a Ziploc bag so it covers your little one's (or your) hand so it doesn't get messy if it starts to melt.
- Random Line Activities- we have never been huge on line activities, but we saw a lady in Disneyland this spring who had 3 Ziploc bags with different things in them while standing in line. We were curious since it looked like a piece of string in one. They were line activities for her tweens. The string was for playing Cats in the Cradle (is that what it is called?). She also had a deck of cards in one and another one had lots of little papers, apparently for a conversation game. She said she rarely had to use them, but since they were there during spring break she had wanted to be prepared. Smart since we saw lines that were over 90 minutes during that vacation.
October 20, 2013
10 Reasons Why You Should Take Ziploc Bags to Disney
I love Ziploc bags for my Disney vacations. Seriously, we pack a bunch of all different sizes. I think Ziploc bags are probably the most under appreciated item as far as Disney tips. So I decided to share with you the many reasons to take Ziploc bags on your Disney vacation.